Diversity and Inclusion
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Central Oregon Community College believes that diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and beliefs enrich the learning experience of our campus. As a result, we are committed to providing work and learning environments that respect and educate about cultural differences. Our success in this endeavor relies on our ability to recruit and retain diverse students, faculty, and staff, and by creating a respectful and inclusive campus community. All members of the campus share in the responsibility to foster a climate that of mutual respect and caring.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion serves the campus by:
- Promoting the implementation of ourPrinciples of Community
- Providing educational opportunities for students and employees
- Planningcultural eventsand activities
- Developing strong recruitment and retention programs for underrepresented students and employees
- Advocating for students from underrepresented and under served groups
- Providing advice and support to enhance student success
- Connecting students to resources that assist them in meeting their educational goals
- Leading the campus community in the achievement of the goals and outcomes of theDiversity Plan
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is excited to bring multicultural events to the COCC campuses throughout the year. Look for upcoming events including book discussions, guest speakers, international films, live performances and more!